Total Pageviews

Monday, July 02, 2007

Workworkwork

I really do do things other than beat old ladies with billy clubs at the country club where I no longer work. Thank my lucky stars. I look for the perfect job here in LA, although I still have no idea where that may be. I have also been auditioning, three last week, which is pretty good. I had an audition for Thoroughly Modern Millie on Monday. I sang in the morning and got called back to dance in the afternoon. We did a jazz combo, then he cut people, then a tap combo. I felt really good about how I did, especially considering that A: I don't really dance that often, and B: I was easily ten years older than most girls in that room. I definitely held my own with those young'uns. Then on Saturday I had an audition for a feature film. This one was for a character in a ballet company. She's the fading star (think Sheila in A Chorus Line, "May the adults please smoke?") and is having difficulty adapting to the younger dancers. It films in Russia and China. I think I did really well. There was this girl called in for the young dancer who was asking me questions after the call. She was like "You were in there a long time. What happened?" And I told her a little bit, and then I told her to be prepared to dance. You should have seen the look on her face. She said a very long, drawn-out, "whaaaaaattt?" I was like, just do some basic ballet, you know like some tendus or an across the floor combo. So if she's even a close comparison to what the other girls are like, I think I have a pretty good shot. Then on Sunday, I had a great audition to be a germophobic mom. The scenario was that I discover my little girl in the men's restroom playing with a urinal puck. And act! I had a great time, just messing around. They auditors were laughing, writing down my ideas...now hopefully they'll hire me. The caveat should be that it's only funny if I do it! So everyone, put me in your thoughts so I don't have to work three jobs and hustle around like an idiot just to pay rent!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're always in my thoughts, you plucky thing!

B