Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why I heart NY


Okay, there are many reasons why NYC is cooler than LA (which I don't really have to iterate for those of you who have any common sense or taste).

My top ten list:
1. Two days ago I saw a man walking down 8th Avenue at 57th street (very busy) with a cat perched atop his head. All four little paws, just sitting there.
2. Yesterday in Barnes and Noble at 66th Street and Columbus (just across the street from the Mormon Temple) I had two youngish people ask me if I wanted to take a survey about the concept of a Heavenly Mother. I pointed to the church across the street and said, "Why don't you go over there and ask them."
3. Everyone here knows me. At auditions all the casting people say to me, "Don't I know you?" I'm always like, "um...yeah!"
4. The men who work out at my gym who look so 'roided out that they should go before the committee investigating steroid abuse instead of Roger Clemens.
5. I went into a coffee shop to purchase a beverage and realized too late that they didn't accept debit. Just cash. The gentleman asked me if I was frequently in the neighborhood and when I told him yes said that I could just pay for it next time.
6. A lady prevented me from getting on a subway car because she said that there was a crazy man in there who was making the women very uncomfortable. I missed the train but didn't get harrassed. Nice trade-off.
7. My book club, currently reading Lolita and Reading Lolita in Tehran.
8. The eighth floor of the Marriott Marquis, where they have a Starbucks and plenty of room to take a load off. Mighty thanks for the tip to GH, rock star.
9. Lookadoo and the words "nut sack" and "merms."
10. My boss at work who sings all the songs from Sunday in the Park with George.

No comments: