Total Pageviews

Monday, April 16, 2012

Monday Musings

I'm sitting here at the desk in my room, tossing from hand to hand a rubber purple ball with sparkly liquid inside.  $5 at Borders before it went away and over the chatter of animated male voices, I can hear the little ocean  inside the ball make that "slish" sound as I catch it.

Today is Monday Musings and there are many things that I am musing, mostly what to write for Monday.

See, I fear that I could become insufferable in my tendency to vent my liberal political leanings, that I could alienate family and friends by speaking of Mormons, that I could bore you all with my need to wax poetic about trees and sunsets and moons.

So I muse the world inside the ball; I tilt my head and listen to the boys in the living room; I make note of my headache and try to make plans that seem obstructed my inability to know what the future brings, I smell the lotion on my hands as I bring my hand to my face and feel the little dog by my feet.

Musing with inaction, or rather, creating a plan for action later.

2 comments:

Shantal said...

I'll rhapsodize with you anytime about sunsets and mountain tops and flowers, anything outside. Can't do the left thing as I find myself mostly in the middle, but we all need to love and appreciate each other for who we are. So not easy as we tend to infuriate each other sometimes:) I'll be writing about my eldest child in a bit. Happy Monday!

Hiatt's blog said...

I read your blog about your eldest. Well, let him bow out if he wants. I bowed out of everything my senior year because I was just ready to move on. The door had already closed. Maybe he feels the same, maybe he just doesn't like dances. He may look back in ten years and think that he wished he would have done some of those things, but he also may not. Those are just my two cents. : )