Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wilderness Wednesday



This is where I hope to be today for Wilderness Wednesday.  Eagle's Crag, in Rockville, UT, just south of the Zion National Park entrance.  It's a short hike, only 5 miles round trip, but I wanted to acclimate to the altitude with something short in a beautiful place.

See, I'm headed to Utah today via Las Vegas to do some hiking, see some friends, and recharge my batteries.

New York City can be depleting.  I have wonderful friends here.  There are beautiful parks.  But you know what I can't find in New York City?  Solitude.  Alone-ness.  Quiet.

I'm a Gemini with monkey mind and a somewhat insatiably curious nature, so it helps me to take myself hiking and quite literally, like a small child, wear myself out.

4 comments:

My5wmd said...

Pack for very warm weather. It's supposed to be over 90 degrees here this weekend.

jmasay said...

Oh, no. I'm totally missing you. If I were in Utah I would drive down and crash your hiking party of one (just for half a day), so it's probably best I'm not around.

I hope you have much rest and soak up all the energy you can from the red rock - take it home and save it for a rainy day.

Hiatt's blog said...

Ah, man! Are you going to be up North? I'll be there Friday and Saturday.

Hiatt's blog said...

Oh duh, you said "if I were in Utah..." I will catch you next time!